Immediately a guest steps into your hospitality outlet, your furnishings and fittings are what he or she sees first. If he finds them appealing, he feels more comfortable and relaxed. It is imperative to use sleek materials that are irresistibly attractive. In this article, we provide an elaborate answer to the question, what type of restaurant chair should you prefer – wooden, metal, or plastic?
Wooden Restaurant ChairIf you want to incorporate natural style into your hotel, wooden furniture is your ideal choice. It combines ancient beauty with contemporary design. Popular timbers for creating wooden restaurant chairs include beech, ash, pine, oak, and teak. Besides, when you polish and glaze them, they shine under varying intensities and colors of light. Also, you can work them into unique innovative designs, patterns, and shapes. They are readily customizable to suit your preferences.
- Wooden restaurant chairs are rugged and strong. Often, they reflect the toughness of the original timber. As such, they have high resistance to daily wear, tear, and impact. With adequate maintenance, they can last for several years.
- They have elegant styles. Moreover, timbers have beautiful coloration and composition. Thus, they pass on this customer appeal to the ensuing furniture.
- Wooden furniture is easy to maintain. You can use a clean, moist napkin to wipe stubborn stains. There is usually no need for an elaborate washing.
- Wooden surfaces are susceptible to scratches. Thus, you may need a protective coating.
- Not all wooden chairs are suitable for outdoor purposes.
Metal Restaurant ChairA significant portion of restaurant furniture is metallic. It could be aluminum or steel, which are two of the most popular metals for hospitality chairs. They are tough by nature and rugged by design. Often, they last for several years. You can readily move them around. Moreover, they are suitable for both outdoor and indoor purposes.
- Manufacturers employ advanced production processes such as welding and riveting to keep metal chairs strong. Hence, they are inherently durable.
- They have a stackable design, especially for outdoor versions.
- Often, they are lightweight, which aids their portability.
- When painted, they can maintain their color for extended periods.
- Some metals react to moisture and other chemicals. This attribute may reduce their usability.
- They are hard to customize to your restaurant’s needs and style.
Plastic Restaurant ChairEverywhere you turn in a restaurant, there is likely plastic furniture. Owners of hospitality outlets love their simplicity, lightness, and versatility. They often retain their colors for several years, thanks to their UV-addition. Polycarbonate and polypropylene are the most popular materials for plastic restaurant materials.
- You can get them in several styles, designs, shapes, and sizes. There is always a plastic chair for your needs and taste.
- They are easy to clean and maintain. You can wipe with a moist napkin or wash, as the need arises.
- They are portable and stackable.
- They are susceptible to breakage.
- They do not have sufficient strength to withstand heavy usage.